Prunes are not only the most healthy and tasty, but also the most affordable dried fruits. Get it from a very common in Russia plum variety of “Hungarian” with sweet fleshy flesh and a small bone. Drying is the most gentle way to preserve the fruit, allowing to preserve all valuable substances in their composition. Dried fruit is therefore considered the best source of vitamins and minerals during the cold season. If you consider what is rich in prunes, what is useful for humans and how it affects the body, then you should use it regularly. But it is obligatory in dosed quantities and taking into account the available contraindications.
Composition and benefits
The prunes are not only diverse, but also have a very rich vitamin and mineral composition. This is because only water evaporates during the drying process and the concentration of beneficial substances increases. These dried fruits contain almost all the essential vitamins, including:
- C – reduces the likelihood of tumors and cancer, neutralizes the negative effects of unhealthy lifestyles, enhances immunity, stimulates the CNS;
- A – protects against free radicals, strengthens the heart and circulatory arteries, increases the amount of “good” cholesterol, useful for eyes, bones and skin;
- E – slows down aging and prevents cell death, accelerates its regeneration, normalizes the functioning of the sexual sphere and nervous system.
Group B is represented by the following elements in the prune:
- B1 – protects the cell membranes from the toxic effects of oxidation products, regulates carbohydrate metabolism, strengthens the nervous system, adjusts the digestive tract;
- B2 – participates in the synthesis of stress hormones, protects the nervous system from exhaustion, normalizes the breakdown of macro nutrients from food, increases the activity of enzymes;
- B3 – responsible for the quality of the brain and fullness of vision, useful for skin and mucous membranes, reduces pressure, normalizes cholesterol levels;
- B5 – necessary for the production of red blood cells and adrenal hormones, accelerates tissue regeneration, activates the synthesis of proteins and carbohydrates;
- B6 – prevents aging, gets rid of muscle cramps, has a diuretic effect, reduces the need for insulin in diabetes, is useful for the nervous system;
- B9 – is a supplier of carbon for the production of hemoglobin, normalizes cell division, strengthens immune protection and cardiovascular system.
The basis of mineral substances is:
- potassium is the primary regulator of the heart;
- phosphorus is a structural (tissue forming) element in the body;
- sodium is part of the muscle contraction process;
- chlorine is an activator of certain enzymes and water-salt metabolism;
- calcium is an important component of bone tissue;
- magnesium is a stimulant of nervous activity and neuromuscular work.
Also in prunes there are iron, manganese, zinc, copper, selenium and other microelements necessary for man. Thanks to such a diverse composition, it not only saturates the body with vitamins and minerals, but also helps fight very serious diseases. In addition, the caloric value of these dried fruits is 232 kcal/100 g, which contains 57 g of carbohydrates, 2.3 g of proteins and 0.7 g of fats. Such indicators allow the use of prunes in slimming to maintain vitamin and mineral balance during a period of limited nutrition.
Influence on the body
The beneficial effects of prunes on human health have been confirmed by scientific research. These dried fruits have a positive effect on most internal organs and systems, among others:
- strengthen the heart and blood vessels;
- I’m stimulating mental activity;
- strengthen the nerves, get rid of depression;
- normalize digestion and stool (remove constipation);
- regulate blood pressure;
- increase immunity;
- maintain visual acuity and eye health;
- are slowing down the aging process;
- improve the skin, teeth, hair;
- prevent avitaminosis, anemia, osteoporosis, oncology;
- improve performance.
Despite its high caloric value, prunes are among the few dried fruits that are allowed to be consumed in small amounts during weight loss to overcome the craving for sweets.
Along with general, prunes are also useful for solving specific problems for men and women. And it manifests itself against the background of the general health-improving action, which greatly enhances the resulting effect.
The systematic use of prunes has a positive effect on the general state of male sexuality. These dried fruits prevent the development of pathological processes that negatively affect health and potency. At the same time, a number of other “male” problems are being solved, including:
- avitaminosis and other negative consequences of unhealthy lifestyles;
- chronic fatigue, loss of strength;
- a decrease in testosterone levels.
The introduction of prunes in the daily diet is useful for athletes. It excellently improves endurance during training, allowing you to achieve maximum results.
Prunes are an indispensable product for women of all ages. He is able to actively help solve a number of problems:
- to slow down aging, keep your skin attractive;
- to normalize your weight without stress or harm to your health;
- to get rid of excessive irritability, depression, insomnia.
American scientists have found that prunes are particularly useful for women in the menopause period to prevent osteoporosis. Only 100 g of these dried fruits per day will maintain bone strength and significantly reduce the risk of fractures.
During pregnancy it is recommended to include dried plums in the menu to fight constipation, swelling and toxicosis. When breastfed, they should be abandoned until the child is two months old, and then their reaction should be monitored to limit or eliminate prunes from the mother’s diet if necessary.
An important property of prunes is their ability to enhance the effect of drugs and speed up the recovery process. These dried fruits are recommended to be used regularly in the complex treatment of such diseases:
- of cardiovascular pathologies;
- chronic stress, nervous disorders;
- a decrease in activity, a loss of energy, a decline in strength;
- hypertension, pressure surges;
- gastrointestinal disorders, constipation, hemorrhoids;
- avitaminosis, anemia;
- kidney and liver diseases.
Prunes are considered an indispensable natural remedy for digestive tract problems. Thanks to its antiseptic properties, it is able to inhibit the growth of E. coli and salmonella. In addition, prunes can quickly remove constipation and speed up bowel cleansing, as well as restore liver function.
Refrain from eating these dried fruits in the presence of diabetes, diarrhoea and urolithiasis. Absolute contraindication is allergy or individual intolerance.