Types and composition of the product
The use of chocolate
The recipe for a delicacy was brought to Russia by the plenipotentiary ambassador of one of the Latin American countries. It was a gift for Empress Catherine II. We’re not going to go into the details of chocolate production development – that’s not our topic.
- contains antioxidants that protect against neoplasms – these are antioxidants that destroy free radicals;
- theobromine, caffeine and polyphenols in chocolate reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
- normalizes heart muscle function and increases vascular elasticity;
- comes to normal blood pressure;
- Chocolate is useful for autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis;
- have a beneficial effect on memory in elderly people, stimulating brain function;
- polyunsaturated acids (oleic and stearic acids), which are a part of chocolate, fight against “bad” cholesterol;
- product stimulates digestion, improves intestinal peristalsis, prevents stomach ulcers;
- strengthening the general condition due to the content of vitamins and other nutrients.
What’s the harm in chocolate for health
<We’ve learned so much about it that we can’t even believe it would hurt anyone. But alas, it is. Chocolate is contraindicated:
- People with diabetes mellitus (due to sugar content)
- overweight. Especially it is not recommended to eat milk and white chocolate, but you should not refuse a piece of bitter chocolate – it won’t do any harm
- to allergic people during a relapse into the disease. Chocolate alone doesn’t cause allergies, but it can enhance them. That’s why it’s better to abstain when taking antihistamines from chocolate.
Can I eat chocolate for the kids?
<Obviously, a child shouldn’t be given chocolate for up to three years of age. This is due to the fact that his immunity is only formed and burden the baby’s body dangerously. Upon reaching the age of three years, it can be gradually accustomed to adult food, as the body has already formed. In a week, a child can eat a bar of dark real chocolate. But follow some rules: eat it only on a well-fed stomach. For small children, only give milk chocolate, because there is a lot of theobromine in black. This alkaloid leads to poisoning: the child will have nausea and vomiting, headaches and stomach problems.
- potassium improves metabolism and stabilizes pressure
- Magnesium has a positive effect on the formation of the child’s brain, the mother’s nerves are strengthened, the immunity increases, anxiety decreases;
- theobromine regulates cardiac activity
- Iron is involved in the formation of the fetus;
- microelements and vitamins strengthen the body.
Want to lose weight, don’t eat chocolate
Chocolate – “Food of the gods”?
In the beginning of his triumphal procession around the world, this delicacy was called that. And it is connected with theobromine, because in translation this word means food of gods. In fact, this substance is a toxin, but in our bodies it is immediately broken down into simple and safe compounds. But it is dangerous for animals, because their bodies are arranged differently and can not protect themselves, the animal can die. So don’t treat your pets to chocolate.