People are well aware of health benefits fermented milk products have. Famous Greek physician Hippocrates used to describe their impact upon human body and the ways they should be used in presence of certain diseases. They are mentioned in scientific research papers written during 17th and 18th centuries as well as in many modern medical sources which describe positive impact of fermented milk products upon digestive tract and help to treat chronic fatigue as well as solve weight-related issues. Fermented milk products were widely used by many physicians worldwide. For example, this is how French kind Louis XI regained his health. Positive impact of fermented milk upon health and long age has been especially noted in works done by professor Mechnikov I.I.
Health benefits of fermented milk products are determined by changing a biochemical composition of milk, which takes a place during fermentation process. For example, fermented products have 11 times more amino acids than whole milk. They should be consumed to provide human body with such the essential amino acids as albumin, globulin, casein, arginine, lysine, leucine etc. as well as А, В, Е and D vitamins and a range of microelements with unique chemistry.
Health Benefits of Fermented Milk Products
Whole milk is not always well digested by adults. This is especially true when one has lactose intolerance. Pure milk cannot «fix» certain digestive issues while fermented milk products can. They have the following health benefits:
- Fermented milk products are easily digested. They contain Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium, which help to break proteins and digest lactose stimulating digestion.
- They protect human body. Lactic acid prevents multiplication of putrefactive bacterium lowering its amount and producing healthy bacterium while improving gastric motility.
- Fermented milk products have healthy chemistry. Fermented medium facilitates digestion of the salts of phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, iron, iodine, potassium, vitamins and essential acids thus normalizing metabolism. Complete digestion and fastened absorption of calcium helps to prevent a likelihood of development of an osteoporosis.
Industrial Production and Types of Fermented Milk Products
Fermented milk products are obtained as a result of fermentation of a whole milk by complementing it with yeast or different living milk bacteria strains. This is how taste and chemistry of milk does change.
Fermented milk products include Smetana, sour milk, fermented baked milk, quark, yogurt, and acidophilus milk. There are also such fermented milk products as a butter milk, ayran, fermented mare’s milk and others which are obtained by means of ethyl-alcohol fermentation. They are more liquid and enriched with carbon dioxide.
Typical Benefits of Fermented Milk Products
Fermented milk products should be consumed on a regular basis to have an impact upon human body. They have the following health benefits:
- Supression of putrefactive processes;
- Promotion of digestion and food absorption;
- Normalization of gastric motility;
- Stimulation of protective function of the gut walls;
- Resistance to different pathogenic germs including tubercula bacillus;
- Bloating reduction;
- Metabolism normalization;
- Strengthening bony skeleton;
- Prevention of fat depositing;
- Keeping one full for a long period of time;
- Reducing negative impact of antibiotics and sulfanilamides upon human body.
Individual Features of Fermented Milk Products
Quark. Quark is fully digested by the human body and rich in protein, milk fat, sugar, essential amino acids, calcium and phosphorus. Quark should be consumed in presence of musculoskeletal and cardiovascular diseases, rickets, osteoporosis, anemia, issues related to growth of bony cells, teeth, hair and nails as well as liver and pancreatic diseases. Sportsmen should consume quark to gain the muscle mass.
Smetana. Smetana should be consumed to boost immune system, heal chronic fatigue, asthenia and compensate reduced consumption of foods due to its high energy value.
Sour milk. Sour milk should be consumed in presence of liver and kidney diseases as well as stomach ulcers, low gastric acidity and to fight obesity, atherosclerosis, digestive issues which are accompanied by nausea, constipation and vomiting.
Yogurt. Yogurt is rich in minerals and proteins. Therefore, it should be used to treat digestive diseases and improve gastric motility. People with atrophic gastritis and protein deficiency should consume yogurt.
Butter milk, fermented mare’s milk, ayran and quatiq. These fermented milk products normalize gut functioning and have positive impact when aiming at weight loss. They contain microelements which promote vision improvement.
Fermented Milk Products in Diet
Diet enriched with fermented milk products should be consumed in presence of digestive diseases and other sicknesses as well as to fight excessive weight. Fitness coaches recommend to incorporate fermented milk products into diet due to the following reasons:
- Such a diet complemented with grains, fruits and vegetables provides human body with sufficient amount of proteins, fats and carbs;
- It also helps to regain positive attitude and necessary energy levels to manage workouts;
- It helps to remove toxic substances from the human body without losing the muscle mass;
- It accelerates metabolism;
- It promotes burning of the fatty cells due to complete protein digestion.
Such a diet has a great impact upon human body and helps to lower weight while improving overall well-being. It helps to achieve a great result. Removing toxic substances positively affects skin condition.