Meditation is a special technique, thanks to which people have learned to find harmony between themselves and the outside world. There are many methods and techniques to learn, not only in specialized sections, but also independently. Teaching meditation today is of increasing interest to a growing number of people, as spiritual self-development contributes to personal growth.
Easy access to the Internet allows you to easily get the flow of information about meditation from books, articles, blogs. However, experts point out that this flow of information should be passed through, filtering exactly what you need. That’s the only way you’ll know how to learn how to meditate.
Meditation training by yourself
According to ancient sources, for the first time this technique became known before our era. In the middle of the 20th century, scientists found a connection between meditation techniques and mood improvement, reloading of thoughts and relaxation of the whole organism. It is interesting how the performance of certain techniques has a positive effect on the well-being of the person, allows you to discover new sensations and adds strength to the performance of any planned actions. In addition, by performing certain exercises, you will be able to normalize your blood pressure, improve brain activity, physical activity.
You can also find plenty of information from people who have come all this way and figured it out, how to learn to meditate by yourself. Thanks to their vast experience, everyone can meditate at home.
Beginners can always face such problems:
- lack of sufficient time;
- thought that all they did was wrong;
- during practice, they’re always distracted by something.
What is meditation and how to learn to meditate
Today it is known that self-knowledge is a great way to relieve all the negative energy and to get rid of stress and those overvoltages that have accumulated in your time. It relaxes you well, allows you to disconnect from reality, to be alone with yourself, to calm your anger, fear and other troubles. Performing self-knowledge techniques, you will be able to develop and improve in yourself such qualities as goodness, love, respect, forgiveness.
Interesting! Many people think that meditation is like a prayer, but it’s not exactly true. With self-knowledge techniques, you work not only with your mind, but also with your body.
Each newcomer gets his or her own knowledge and experience. Trying hard, even in a short period of time you can achieve success.
The purpose of meditation is to completely relax spiritually and physically, to purify thoughts and to be able to disconnect from everyday life and unnecessary fuss for a while.
There are a lot of tips on how to learn to meditate for beginners and what to look out for. Especially important for beginners will be these rules:
- time – many people don’t even think that the time they spend on self-knowledge techniques can be allocated even in the heaviest graphics. As you know, different traditions dictate different times for classes. Someone recommends to follow the methods at sunset or dawn, but there is no clear rule in this case. You need to conduct self-improvement sessions just when you have free time to do so and when no one is distracting you;
- place – many people don’t understand how to learn to meditate at home. In fact, you can easily repeat popular techniques simply in your apartment, without attending special classes with instructors. The main feature is that you can find a place in your home where you will be comfortable, quiet and where other members of your family will not be able to distract you. It is easier to immerse yourself in practice when you study daily at the same time, in a special place. Thus, it will become a habit;
- posture is important because for those who want to learn to meditate correctly it is necessary to first understand how to take the “padmasan” posture. This position is considered to be one of the best for self-analysis of his personality. Your posture should be comfortable and comfortable for you. As it is usually difficult for beginners to sit with their feet crossed so that the heels look up, experienced masters advise to use a pillow with buckwheat for convenience, or sit down not on a chair, but on the floor. The back should be as straight and relaxed as possible. Hands can be placed on your knees, either palms up or just kneeling down. The head must not be lowered;
- Music – if you turn on the relaxing mantras, you’ll feel more comfortable and comfortable adjusting to the wave of self-knowledge, but it’s not necessary;
- of the incense – training meditation for beginners can sometimes be accompanied by a special aromatherapy. Today there is a wide range of special aromas that will certainly create a cozy atmosphere;
- long duration – many people think it takes a long time to learn, but it is not. Beginners can start with just five minutes of relaxation, gradually increasing the duration.
The most popular techniques are considered to be such:
- Mantra self-knowledge is a well-known technique in which you pronounce aloud, in whisper, or to yourself, the words of the mantra. Experts advise beginners to simply include special music with mantra, as this will be easier from the start;
- Exhalation of the mind is an interesting technique that aims to get rid of stress, fears and other negative emotions through the exit. First, you need to relax completely. Then slowly breathe in on the score from 1 to 3, then slowly exhale on the score from 1 to 6. Thus, the exhalation will be twice as long as the breath. By breathing out, you’re saying all the problems you want to get rid of. When you do this, you need to completely turn off your thoughts, feel how you get rid of anxiety, fear;
- methods aimed at a particular object (feeling, feeling) – the purpose of these techniques is to direct all their thoughts at the object, to keep attention and focus on it.
Learning to meditate at home can be done easily and simply by following all of the above tips.
Interesting! The main purpose of your practices should be to become yourself, to find yourself, to get rid of negative emotions, to purify your soul and mind.
Every day by practicing, you will see progress in your success. You don’t have to worry about whether you’re doing the right thing, everything will come in time. The main thing is to adjust yourself to the result, learn to watch carefully your body, soul and mind.