A healthy lifestyle is essential for happiness, well-being and active longevity. One of the main factors of such vital activity is the daily routine. It is essential for human health that the physiological functions of the body coincide with biological rhythms and are performed at about the same time. Then he’ll literally work “like clockwork.” Of course, such a schedule should be strictly individual and coincide with your own abilities. To make a daily schedule that is optimal for yourself, you need to first understand what a daily routine is, why it is useful to observe it, and what it will help you with in your daily life.
What is day mode?
Day mode is a general scheme of a sequence of actions that must be followed in order to optimize your time and improve your quality of life. Such a schedule does not require strict observance, because strict rules and life on a clear schedule will only be a burden. The regime of the day is of a recommendatory nature and aims solely at enabling the body to make rational use of its day and at the same time help the body to adapt to the performance of specific actions at a certain time.
Compiling the regime of the day should first of all include a list of the main actions typical for the way of life of each person:
- the time to go to sleep and wake up;
- the main meal hours;
- periods for mental and/or physical activity.
The individual daily routine will contain additional items corresponding to the habits, lifestyle and other personal characteristics of the person.
Why is it useful to keep the schedule
The regime of the day is useful for children and adults, because at certain times of day the body has its own needs and level of activity. If you take these factors into account, the day will be the most productive and all the activities performed will be the most effective.
The benefits of keeping the day are as follows:
- improving the quality of sleep, ensuring a good rest;
- strengthening immunity, improving health;
- Stabilization of emotional and psychological state, strengthening of nervous system;
- sufficient physical activity;
- full digestion and absorption of food, prevention of overweight gain;
- Improved functioning of all internal organs and systems;
- efficient use of working time for the execution of planned cases;
- to have more free time.
A properly designed regime for the day should take into account the individual characteristics of the person. It doesn’t have to be painted clearly on the clock. Specific times are usually given only for basic physiological functions such as sleeping and eating, and for those events and actions to be performed by agreement with others. Otherwise, it is quite possible to have a time interval so that the schedule does not strain its commitment and predetermination.
An important advantage of the daily routine is that the body develops a habit of repetitive actions. This will allow the internal physiological clock to tune in at a certain time to work, rest, eat, exercise, etc. In this case, even not very pleasant, but mandatory actions will not cause internal resistance. A smoothly and reasonably loaded body and psyche will not experience excessive strain, chronic fatigue or emotional burnout. Even the most difficult and busy day will pass comfortably if all events are planned in advance.
How to make the day mode
To draw up your own schedule, it is recommended to use the advice of time management specialists:
- Describe your daily routine on paper using your diary. Keeping things in mind will be difficult and completely ineffective. The best way to classify a case in the record is to cross out those that have already been done so that the results of the day can be seen.
- Keep your priorities. It is necessary to clearly indicate what must be done on that day and what can be transferred to the next if necessary.
- Plan the most difficult tasks in the morning and in the morning. As long as the body is rested and full of strength, it will do all the work faster and more productively.
- Keep the mode, but do not become a slave to it. If necessary, change business places, take into account your time and condition, as well as the needs and desires of your loved ones. But everything is within reasonable limits and as an exception, otherwise there will be no sense in making the schedule.
An example of a good day can be the following:
- 7:00 a.m. Lifting, morning treatments;
- 7:30 – jogging;
- 8:00 is breakfast;
- 8:30 – work (you can specify specific tasks);
- 12:00 – lunch break;
- 14:00 – walk (meeting with friends or other pleasant events, but preferably outside);
- 4:00 p.m. – afternoon;
- 17:00 – sports training;
- 7:00 p.m. – dinner;
- 19:30 – communication with family;
- 21:30 – sleep preparation;
- 10:00 p.m., stand down.
Of course, such a schedule is not suitable for every working person. It can be changed according to its lifestyle, needs and habits.
How to get used to the routine
If the daily routine is correct and flexible, you can get used to it quite quickly. To do this, several basic rules must be followed:
- Go to bed on time. The most important thing in the day mode is a good quality sleep. If falling asleep between 21:30 and 22:30 is difficult, it can be corrected with an early rise. You should get up at 7:00 at first, no matter how long you’ve been sleeping. In literally 1-2 days, falling asleep at 22:00 will be natural. Especially if you lead an active life during the day – walking on the street, doing sports or doing household chores.
- Wake up at the same time. Sleeping after 7:00 makes no sense, especially if you go to bed at 22:00. In this sleep mode, the body will work most productively all day, without daytime sleepiness and difficulty falling asleep at night.
- Take your meals on schedule. Plan the main meals and try not to miss them so as not to create stress for the body. After all, without the timely arrival of food, internal resources are intensified, which affects the nervous, digestive and other systems. The result is excessive irritability and fatigue and overweight over time.
If these basic principles are followed, all other cases will be carried out quickly and easily. The important thing is to schedule them correctly and spread them out over the course of the day, and then just follow the schedule.