Omega-3 Fish Oil Improves Sports Performance
Omega-3 is BAA which includes fish oil and provides the human body with unsaturated fatty acids, which it is not able to produce on its own.
Fish Oil Benefits
Omega-3 is such a BAA that cannot be substituted by fish due to several reasons.
- Natural and healthy fish fat can be found in fresh fish only.
- Consumption of fish obtained from waters located in dirty areas is dangerous as such a fish may contain toxic substances, quick silver, and salts of heavy metals.
- To get sufficient amount of unsaturated acids, it is necessary to eat expensive fish such as mackerel, Atlantic salmon, trout etc.
To produce BAAs, manufacturers use fish oil which is extracted from fresh fish being caught in pure cold waters. Intensive fish oil production happens rather in water with temperature close to 0°C than in the warm one. This is the way fish is protecting itself from external factors.
Base of BAA is the muscle tissue fat which contains omega-3 acids which do not prevent absorption of the omega-6 acids.
Omega-3 in Vegetable Foods
Fatty acids can be found in vegetable foods, but their use and storage is not always so easy.
- Flaxseed oil requires storing in dark and cold facilities and it should be hermetically sealed. This is because otherwise the oil substances will acidify, and it will result in formation of free radicals.
- Unsaturated acids of soy, hemp, pumpkin and walnuts oil are not so well absorbed due to presence of the omega-6 acids in them.
Health Benefits of the BAA Omega-3
Unsaturated fatty acids are well known to decrease the lifetime risk of developing cancerous tumors.
Omega-3 lowers down the cholesterol levels and prevents development of an atherosclerosis and other sicknesses of related origin.
Omega-3 acids are used to prevent development of different sicknesses, to treat illnesses and improve overall well-being in presence of the following diseases:
- Central nervous system diseases;
- Heart attacks;
- Trophic ulcers;
- Glomerulonephritis etc.
Fish oil-based BAA is recommended to consume during pregnancy and for weight loss as it decreases appetite and facilitates adjustment to new nutritional regimen).
Omega-3 for Sportsmen
Fish oil is necessary component in balanced nutrition of professional sportsmen and amateurs.
- Omega-3 acids improve rheological blood properties decreasing its thickness. This helps to prevent excessive rise of the blood pressure during workouts.
- Prostaglandins the fish oil contains can prevent the muscle traumas during intensive workouts and lower down the risk of development of the inflammatory processes during traumas.
- BAA Omega-3 speeds up recovery during complex traumas such as dislocations, fractures etc.
- Unsaturated acids are required for the human body to produce the hormones including testosterone in a natural way. This is why fish oil is so important during powerlifting and bodybuilding workouts.
- Fish oil increases stamina, therefore it should be always consumed during intensive workouts and in order to ensure proper adaptation to such an intensive sports regimen.
- Omega-3 acids represent a pure, safe and healthy source of energy, which does not pose a risk of the body fat gain.
Moreover, BAAs, which contain not only omega-3 acids, but also vitamins A, D and others, ensure optimistic, fresh and enthusiastic attitude.