Honey is not only a tasty treat and a useful substitute for sugar, but also the best natural remedy for recovery and maintenance of beauty, strength and youth. Useful properties of honey are due to its unique composition, which contains more than a hundred vital substances. In doing so, they are easily assimilated and stimulate the body’s own strength to solve problems independently.
Composition and usefulness
Honey consists of 80% simple carbohydrates, mainly fructose and glucose. As they are absorbed very quickly, they give an instant boost, stimulating the nervous and muscular systems. Other useful properties of honey are due to the other components included in the composition of the honey:
- Vitamins C, E and B – have a beneficial effect on immune protection, support the central nervous system, normalize the function of the endocrine glands, promote normal hematopoiesis, activate the digestive tract, increase activity, stabilize the emotional and mental state;
- micro- and macroelements are the basis of all organs and systems, are responsible for the proper functioning of the body as a whole, stabilize the acid-base balance, normalize osmotic and blood pressure;
- Enzymes – accelerate metabolic processes, participate in all biochemical reactions, improve digestion and assimilation of useful substances;
- organic acids – maintain an acid-alkaline balance, increase the level of ps-environment, accelerate the removal of toxins, improve the absorption of nutrients by cells.
In addition, honey contains special substances, biogenic stimulants. Their regular use significantly increases the vitality and ability of the body to withstand negative internal and external influences. That’s why the daily intake of a moderate amount of honey on the background of proper nutrition and a healthy lifestyle can avoid many diseases and ensure normal functioning of the body.
Natural “honey” vitamins and minerals are fully absorbed and have a more pronounced effect than synthetic drugs. Thus as much as possible rich on structure of a vitamin and mineral complex favourably influences practically all processes occurring in an organism. Its usefulness significantly improves such important functions as
- hematopoiesis and insulin production;
- humoral and nervous regulation;
- oxidation-reduction processes.
Consumption of honey (unlike sugar) supports oral hygiene, prevents the destruction of dental enamel, promotes healing of minor injuries and strengthens the gums.
Along with the general tonic and healing effect of honey has a pronounced therapeutic effect, including:
There are almost no diseases in which the use of honey will not help speed up your recovery. Only allergies, product intolerance or high blood glucose levels can be a limitation.
In all other cases, the delicious and fragrant delicacy used in complex therapy, will allow to eliminate the symptoms of such problems as:
- respiratory tract infections, nasopharyngeal inflammation;
- urogenital and abdominal diseases;
- circulatory and cardiovascular diseases;
- oncological disorders;
- kidney and liver failure;
- stress, depression, nervous breakdown, insomnia;
- atherosclerosis, arthritis, joint disease.
This list can go on forever. And honey is widely used not only internally, but also externally. It is used to treat dermatological diseases and eliminate cosmetological defects. Rich composition, saturated with everything necessary for the skin, allows you to use honey as an independent remedy without any additives.
Specific useful properties
Honey is good for men, women and children in its own way. It’s a good idea for men to get away with it:
- to eliminate the residual products of nicotine and alcohol decay;
- to reduce the symptoms of chronic and acute diseases;
- prevent the development of impotence, inflammation and prostate adenoma and other genitourinary diseases;
- to prolong a healthy, active life.
For women, honey is recommended for gynecological problems:
- inflammation of the parameter;
- the colpita;
- myomas, cysts, mastopathies.
Daily honey intake helps women significantly reduce the negative effects of PMS and menopause.
There are age and quantity restrictions on the use of honey by children, due to the increased likelihood of allergies and the consequences of taking poor quality products. Begin by introducing honey into the child’s diet literally with a few drops, observing the body’s reaction. If all is well, the use of this product will provide a number of positive actions, including
- Acceleration of growth and development in children with delayed growth;
- the normalization of the blood count;
- increased appetite, increased digestion;
- immunity enhancement, ARI prevention.
In any case, to preserve all the useful properties of honey, it can not be heated or diluted in hot water.
How to take advantage of
Honey can be used at any time of the day to prevent and maintain the body. The dosage should be individual, but it is usually recommended to take 1-2 tbsp per day.
If you need to fix a certain problem, you need to follow some rules:
- from insomnia to take 1 hour just before bedtime;
- from the acidity of the stomach – dilute 1 p.l. in a glass of warm milk and drink overnight;
- To increase immunity, treat colds, increase digestion and weight loss – to eat with ginger in a ratio of 1:1 to 1 tbsp. 3 times a day;
- …to increase vigour, 1 tbsp of honey on an empty stomach in the morning.
The last option is the most universal. Honey taken in the morning on an empty stomach triggers metabolic processes, has a pronounced invigorating effect and protects the stomach, preventing the development of gastritis. In this case, after half an hour after the consumption of honey you should have breakfast. Otherwise, there will be a sharp jump in sugar level with the same sharp decline, which will negatively affect the health.
In general, honey is the most consistent with the statement that everything is fine. It should be consumed regularly, but in dosage. Only then can you fully experience the benefits of this unique product.